Question (author’s style is kept): I’m planning to apply for the Tech Nation Visa scheme and went through your guide. Would like to clarify below points as I’m not 100% clear with these areas:
1. Supporting documents count including 2 Recommendation letters and CV as well? Or these 10 could be 10 different documents?
2. Limit on the personal statement is 7000 Character or 7000 words?
3. Evidence of continuous learning – not more than 1 year as per guide: How to showcase the progress through out career?
4. If the evidence is more than 2 pages (For example: Employment Contract) can we share only one page of it? May not have signature on those page – hope this will not be an issue?
5. If my recommending person cannot give letter on company letter head (due to company policy), will that be suffice to submit the recommendation letter without letter head?
6. Submission of application is online? or Both Online and Post?
Please help me with these clarifications to proceed with the Visa scheme.
Thanks for contacting me. Regarding your questions:
- No, supporting documents are not including CV and 2 Recommendation Letters. It has to be 10 separate documents to support your Key and Qualifying Criteria.
- Limit of the Personal Statement is 1000 words (that is around 7000 characters). But keep your eye on words – in on-line YouNoodle application you will have a limit of 1000 words, not characters analogue.
- It can be an evidence “older” than one year but it has to be in a row with a fresher documents. For example, a Certificate dated 2015, an Award dated 2016, a Results of Industry Exam in 2017 and so on.
- Signatures have to be. Make two-sided copy: the first page with key facts on Data of Contract, Company, Role, Salary, etc. On the back side – a page with signatures. Or make an extract of the contract on the first page (in Word, copy-paste the key facts into one page and print this Extract) on the second page – again – signatures.
- Yes, it is acceptable to provide a Recommendation Letter on blank (not headed) paper. You referee still has to provide all contact details including the name of the company and his or her position.
- Both, online and post. You will print the application submitted online and send it via post in a package with Home Office Application and supporting documents.