The question about a new visa route, introduced on Monday, January 27, 2020, is one of the hottest top topics now. I got a couple of messages from my readers on the point how to get Global Talent Visa UK and is it the same as Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa? Let’s think together.
Global Talent Visa UK: now officially
The official information about the new points-based system of visa called “Global Talent Visa UK” is published at the Home Office website.
According to this information, this visa route is a replacement of existing Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technologies as well as other fields. Hence, when I wrote this post I did not know about the plans of the Government to introduce something new in the immigration system. That is why thinking that Global Talent Visa UK is just the different name of our beloved Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa is not correct now.
Differences between Global Talent Visa UK and Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa
As of now, I can suggest the following similarities between these two visa routes:
- attracting talented people worldwide;
- specific sometimes simplified circumstances to get a visa;
- require the endorsement of talent by the governing body;
- applied for main recipients and their dependents with the opportunity to work and live in the United Kingdom on a legal basis;
- the job offer is not required to get a visa;
- allows getting a settlement in the United Kingdom.
At the same time, since the new visa route is declared to be fresh and will create new doors for achievements, I think about the next differences between Global Talent Visa UK and Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa:
- No limits. We know that Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa had 2000 visas annually. For Global Talent Visa UK, the Government does not set any limits.
- The united designed body for endorsement. Unlike Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa with almost 10 bodies to endorse people in different fields of science, technology and arts, the applications for new visa route will be considered at the same place.
- Quicker settlement in the UK. As of now, people with Tier 1 Exceptional Promise Visa must live in the UK for five years (in a case of Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa this period is three years). The new visa route will change the situation. How – nobody can answer.
I am sure we will know more similarities and differences between these visa routes soon after the official guidelines will be published. However, as of now, even this news looks quite disrupting.
Finally – tell me how to get Global Talent Visa UK?
Unfortunately, till February 20, 2020 nobody will answer your question with 100% of assurance. Officially the rules how this visa route will work will be discovered for public only on this magic date of twos and zeros: 20.02.2020. I believe they must follow the line and do it at 2.02 PM :).
But anyway, stay tuned – if I will get any information, I am more than happy to share it with my readers here.