In general, the most questions I get are about Personal Statement and Letter of Recommendation for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technologies. However, sometimes I receive unusual questions about education and age, and today we will discuss them in details.
Question 1: “Do you know if there is an age limit to this Tech Nation talent visa? I am 52 years old.”
Question 2: “Do I need to have a PhD as a requirement for the Exceptional Talent Tier 1 Visa application? And is one who is 69 years old eligible?”
Question 3: “I am a graduate from UK university (Computer Science). Am I eligible to apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Promise?”
Answer: in one sentence – there is no requirement about particular age or educational background to apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technologies. But…
And here we need to consider both of the aspects: age and education.
Age Limit for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa
However, there are a few basic requirements that introduce a general approach regarding the age of them:
- A person has to reach the age when, according to the legislation of her country, she can get the passport to travel abroad. Traditionally, this age is between 16 and 21.
- An applicant for Exceptional Promise has to be a person of young age (18 – 35 years) or early stage of middle age (36 – 55).
- An applicant for Exceptional Talent can be a person of young (less preferable), middle or old age with world-level recognition of achievements in Digital Technology.Sure, this method is too generic and does not provide information about specific cases. But at least it clearly states that in 20’s it is, probably, the right way to apply as Exceptional Promise. But in the 50’s it will be more challenging to prove Promise than Exceptional Talent.
Educational Background for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technologies
Here we have three main approaches. These are the foundation of any question for the mentioned visa route however, please, consider that they are not relevant for other routes:
- You do NOT need to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science to get this visa.
- You do NOT require to have PhD in any area (however, for other fields like Science and Engineering – this is a “must-have” option).
- You may have any degree from any field of research and any University. There are no strict rules about the educational level of applicants. In other words, you can finish your courses as Beautician, found a startup in Beauty and Health, earn a couple of billions with it and apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technology. With a high degree of success (and the right documents attached to your visa application) you will get this visa, even being a Beautician.
One more important fact about the requirements for education to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa applicants. You can even drop out of the University (as a couple of recipients have done), and your chances are still high to get this visa. Everything depends on your personality, achievements and… a bit of luck.
Additional fact – this visa route is exceptional because there are a lot of unusual people’s stories behind every application. So if you see that your story is unique – it is always better to ask about professional support.
A Y & J Solicitors provide legal advice on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa applications on any stage and in all fields (not only Digital Technology). They work with initial applications and appeals so contact me and can make a link to them or directly write them.